For all you bloggers out there, here’s an interesting fact: blogs are more influential than social networks. So what does this mean for you? You have the ability to really have your voice heard and respected. Seize this opportunity!
One of the best approaches to this is to focus on a strategy to increase engagement. You will not become a key influencer or gather a loyal following simply by just having a social media presence. You need to develop a strategy to increase your social presence while engaging with your audience.
Strategies to increase user engagement
I understand, it may not be feasible to engage with every follower, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t keep track of your followers.
- Try identifying the ones that you can collaborate with for possible opportunities.
- Guest blogging is a great way to engage and increase growth. You can find guest bloggers from your follower list or seek out experts in your industry through social media platforms.
- Write a “part two” of a popular post where you know you can expand on. You might even be able to cover new ideas and tips to go along with that older post.
- Create buzz surrounding your upcoming post. You can accomplish this by posing a question relating to your next article. In this way you are more likely to build up intrigue potentially leading to not only higher engagement, but also more unique visits.
Strategies to increase your social presence
- Focus on your Facebook page. I say this because of the release of Facebook Graph Search. You need to optimize your page so that your page has high visibility in search results. Facebook actually provides tips on optimization strategies.
- Don’t forget about SEO. Use targeted keywords in your blog posts organically; same rules apply to any video or picture content. Keeping this in mind, do not optimize your page at the cost of user engagement. You want to come off as authentic and piling on keywords is not the way to go about it. Just think strategically.
- Interlinking, directing readers to relevant articles, also helps in terms of SEO.
- Reach out to bloggers in your industry. This might sound like an aggressive move, but it could prove to be beneficial for all parties involved. You can ask fellow bloggers to write a comment on your latest article, share it or link to it.
- Add widgets for social sharing: Facebook like, Twitter, Pinterest, these are simply ways to engage users and increase your social presence.
It is not uncommon for bloggers to overlook one-on-one engagement with their followers while in the pursuit to gain new followers and social influence. However, engagement is a major factor to achieving social influence. Think about it, aren’t you more inclined to continue following and share content from bloggers who interact with you and others? To put it in other words, it’s about building relationships.